Again this year I am challenging you movie buffs who think you know dialogue to thirteen of the most unusual bits of speech ever penned for the silver screen. Like the last contest these are all from movies that every true movie fan should have seen at least once....you won't find the opening lines from "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" or "Debbie does Durango."
Your mission is to tell me WHO said it to WHOM in WHAT movie. The title of the movie is essential. As for WHO said it to WHOM you can name either the actor/actress OR the character they played. I'm flexible. THE CASH PRIZE IS $100.00. You will have three months to enter the contest. I will once again post the answers on Alfred Hitchcock's birthday, August 13th. E-mail me with your best guesses at email@example.com. If I find a winner I will e-mail you asking for an address where I can send a check. GOOD LUCK!
1. "In a way he was like the country he lived in...everything came too easy to him. Does everything still come that easy?"
2. "This is the direction the rats are going. That's good enough for me."
3. "Well we're not just gonna let you walk out of here...Smith, Wesson, and me."
4. "The supercop story was working and you guys just messed it up. I'm tryin' to figure you guys out, and I haven't yet. You fuck up a perfectly good lie."
5. "The organizing principle of any society is for war. The authority of the state over the people resides in its war policy."
6. "The ring! She's not wearing the sacrificial ring! She cannot be sacrificed without the ring!"
7. "Ya know that metal plate in my head? I had to have it replaced because every time Kathryn revved up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for a half hour or so. Over at the VA they had to replace it with a plastic one that ain't as strong so I dunno if I oughta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brain but a piece of government plastic...ya see the plate runs underneath my part here and if this gets dented then my hair just ain't gonna look right."
8. "You tell your publisher...tell Katie Graham she's gonna get her tit caught in the big ringer if that's published!"
9. "I need one of the pieces your father collected, a bronze piece about this size with a hole in it offcenter with a crystal. You know the one I mean?"
10. "Well thank you, Pal. The day I get outta prison my own brother picks me up in a police car."
11. "I had to quit. It's because of this fear of heights I have, this acrophobia. I wake up at night seeing that man fall from the roof and I try to reach out to him and..."
12. "No! It's a pain in the padded ass! This is not a way of life. It's just a job. I don't go to old-lady bars or anything like that after work, ya know. It's the only way I could see you guys every day."
13. "He's the director of special projects at Cyberdyne systems Corporation...in a few months he creates a revolutionary type of microprocessor. In three years CyberDyne will become the largest supplier of military computer systems. All stealth bombers are upgraded with Cyberdyne computers...and the Skynet funding bill is passed."
SEE THE ANSWERS!
Return to main movie review page.